As part of this expedition, money will be raised for CARE
- CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives, ending poverty and achieving social justice
- They put women and girls in the centre because they know we can't overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities
CARE was founded in 1945, when 22 organisations came together to rush life-saving CARE packages, containing food and basic supplies, to survivors of World War II
Now CARE International works across 94 countries focusing on empowering communities to create their own lasting change
All their initiatives have a strong focus on women and girls, because CARE's research and experience has shown that they are key to effectively overcoming poverty and injustice
- Women, more than men, transfer improvements in their own lives into those of their families and communities
CARE International is made up of members in 14 countries: Austria, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Thailand, the UK, USA and of course Australia. Creating one of the world’s largest independent humanitarian relief agencies
Read more about the incredible work they do at www.CARE.org.au (there are also links to the other 13 member country sites)
Donate to this cause
There are two options here:
- DONATE: pop onto to the donation portal here or click the button above - the money goes direct to CARE and you'll get a tax receipt for all donations over $2
- FUNDRAISE: or if you're a Winning Woman, doing your first, why not raise money at the same time? It's easy to setup your own donation site here
Let's raise money for women and girls living in poverty, are refugees, who don’t have access to the kind of education and healthcare we are blessed to have. Raise money for CARE and you will do exactly that.
It doesn’t matter how much you raise or donate – whether it’s $10 or $10,000, ever dollar will help and make a difference.