We will be travelling from source to sea: the Nile's source in Rwanda to where it meets the Mediterranean sea, 6,853km later.
The Nile has two primary tributaries: the Blue and White Nile. This expedition is planning to follow the White Nile.
- We'll start in Rwanda, before dipping into Tanzania and then Uganda before crossing Lake Victoria
- From there we head up through Uganda to the massive rapids at Murchison Falls
- Then it's up to and through South Sudan before heading into Sudan and travel up to Khartoum and until to the border with Egypt
- From there it's the home stretch through Egypt until we hit the Med
- Sounds easy right?!
As we go, depending on the intelligence reports we get, we might have to by-pass some sections.
- There will be different paddlers and people involved throughout the expedition - this is a big team effort
- When it comes to the kayaking sections, there will be a group of us at all times
- We have a highly experienced rafting guides for Uganda and Rwanda
- On top of that there will be additional security and protection as needed (based on the intell we get before setting off and as we go)
- Before paddles even that the water there's a team helping out, without which this expedition wouldn't be happening
- The craft will vary depending on the section we go through
- Through the rapids in Rwanda and Uganda we'll be rafting
- The picture on the left is taken in Uganda by Nile River Explorers - FYI this by no means the toughest section we'll be hitting
- For the remainder it will be in a folding kayak like the ones on the right here
- We will be carrying all our gear: camping gear, food, water, medical and first aid supplies
- At various points on route we'll be restocking as needed